What is the process like?
- Once your session is booked and deposit is made, we will arrange a time to meet you and everyone involved in the photo at your home or desired location. This get to know you session lasts about 1-1.5 hours. During this time we sit down and get to know everyone and start hashing out ideas for the shoot. We will look through rooms and see what gives us the best option to achieve our ideas and then devise a game plan for the shoot day.
- Set-up for our photographs is instrumental in getting the final image right. We bring lights, light stands, tripods, computers, carts, sandbags, and anything else needed to make our ideas come to life . We ask that you allow us to move furniture and objects in your home and of course we are always respectful of your space and will put things back as we found them.
- The whole shoot from start to finish will take about 2-4 hours. Once the concept for your image is agreed upon, we will explain in more detail how the image will come together. Can't give away all of our secrets on the internet!
- After the shoot we work our magic back in our photo lab for a 2-3 weeks and send you a few different samples for you to make a final decision and choose what image you like best. Your digital files are ready 2 weeks after you have made your selection. These include web ready .jpegs as well as full sized .tiff files, and digital copies of the usage rights.
- Once your print is ready from the printer we will contact you and schedule a time to drop it off. You can also choose the option of it being shipped out from the printer. For those that don't live in the Portland area we will have the print shipped out to you.
How much money are we talking?
- Our prices vary depending on the idea of your portrait and what it will take to execute it.
- A lot of production, time, and editing goes into the process of making your print. This isn't a typical photo session at your home or the park, we bring a lot of photo equipment with us including but not limited to lights, stands, computer carts, and other props needed to create your print. Consider this a high production photo shoot, you will feel like you're on a professional photo set (which you are!). It's important to note that we are creating a fine-art, high quality photo of your family. The investment is worth the outcome as you will have a cherished print that will have everybody talking.
- We also offer add ons like Hair/Make-up Artist, and Clothing Stylist if thats something you're interested in too. If you want to make this a bigger production we have the means of making that happen so don't keep those ideas limited!
What is a Giclée print?
- Pronounced "JHEE-CLAY", it is a print from an inkjet printer that uses pigmented inks instead of dies which fade over time. Giclée prints are known best for their ability to resist fading for as long as 80 years without a uv protected glass frame. With the proper glass and frame it can last over 100 years!
What if I want more prints in the future?
- That's the nice thing with us, we give you full printing and digital rights* so you can make as many prints as you want!
Do you only do family portraits or can you shoot me and my group of friends?
- We use the term family very loosely at Pick Your Nose. So yes, it can be any group of people you want to get together but we do charge a group fee for parties larger than 6 people. We have to do this because of the extra work of adding more people into the mix. The fee is $150 per person. Some exceptions can be made, so please don't hesitate to ask.
Do you only work in Portland, Or?
- No way! We offer our packages to anyone in the USA but we do charge travel fees for anything over 35 miles outside of Portland Or. Hotel and travel accommodations fees will apply but we do offer an out of area travel package where you can split the travel cost between other families in your area looking to get a portrait done. Send us a email and we can explain this in more detail.